Japan Airlines is to offer its Business Class passengers the option to order a specific meal online for their flight. The airline will introduce the Business Class meal reservation service, on its website, for passengers traveling on its longhaul routes.
Book Your Business Class Meal
JAL have developed a wide range of food options across all their cabins and this new service will continue to improve the onboard dining experience in Japan Airlines “exclusive restaurant in the sky”.
The online meal service reservation service will be available on all Transpacific, Europe, Southeast Asia and Oceania routes. You’ll be able to begin booking your meals from the 6th April 2016.
The service is available for Honolulu flights departing on and after the 12th April and for the other select international flights departing on and after the 1st June 2016.
To book passengers just need to visit the JAL website and press the “Meal Reservation” button on the reservation detail screen of the booked flight.
There are a few restrictions for the Business Class meal service:
- The meal reservation service is not eligible for breakfast on flights departing at midnight.
- Reservations, changes and cancellations of in-flight meals are not available by telephone.
- If you change your flight reservation you will need to rebook the in-flight meal (online) for the new flight.
- If you use award tickets or upgrade award reservations booked on the JAL overseas website then you need to log in with your JMB member account on JAL website for your region to make online meal reservation.
- If you use revenue tickets you have to make the meal reservation on JAL website for Japan region.
- For outbound flights from Japan you need to reserve your meal 25 hours before scheduled departure time.
- For inbound flights to Japan you need to reserve your meal 48 hours before scheduled departure time.
This new meal service allows you to reserve the first Business Class food service during each flight from either the Japanese menu or from a Western menu (beef only). Other Western meals (seafood, chicken, etc.) will not available when this Business Class meal reservation service begins.