San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza
SAN DIEGO, May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Swinerton is pleased to announce the grand opening of the new Terminal 2 Parking Plaza at San Diego International Airport.
Swinerton team members from Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego partnered with San Diego County Regional Airport Authority, Watry Design, and Gensler as a design-build team to deliver the new parking plaza, which will serve as one of the gateways to the airport.
“We understand that convenient, close-in airport parking is a core customer service need, and we address that need with this beautiful new facility,” said Kimberly Becker, President/CEO, San Diego International Airport. “Opening ahead of schedule and in time for the busy summer travel season, the Parking Plaza features smart parking technology and integrated public art for an enhanced overall parking experience.”
“Swinerton is proud to have completed the Terminal 2 Parking Plaza on time and under budget in a strong partnership with the San Diego International Airport,” said Chris Murphy, Swinerton Project Executive. “The progressive design-build contracting method used on the project allowed us to deliver maximum value to the Airport rapidly and efficiently.”
The Parking Plaza is designed to provide a fast, safe, and convenient traveler experience, with easy vehicle circulation and state-of-the-art parking guidance systems that will direct customers quickly to the nearest available open space. Overall, the Parking Plaza brings nearly 1,700 new close-in parking spaces to the San Diego International Airport. The three-story Parking Plaza is almost one million square feet in total parking structure area with over 2,900 parking spaces. The project also had off-site improvements, including parking lot reconfigurations, utility relocations, and connection into the existing airport campus.
The plaza is also environmentally sustainable, with extensive natural lighting, energy-efficient fixtures, and a stormwater re-use system that captures and treats rainwater for use in the airport’s Central Utility Plant.
Swinerton provides commercial construction and construction management services throughout the United States and is a 100% employee-owned company. Recognized nationally since 1888, Swinerton is the preferred builder and trusted partner in every market it serves—proudly leading with integrity, passion, and excellence. For more information on Swinerton, visit its blog, Swinerton Builds Tomorrow, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Source: Av News Feed
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Lease Placement of Two Airbus A320-200neo Aircraft with SAS - 20 , June , 2018
- Air Europa SUMA Expands Partnership With Points To Enhance Loyalty Program - 19 , June , 2018
- Going Global in Orlando! Spirit Airlines Announces Major International Expansion - 14 , June , 2018
- GoFly Honors Top Designs in Development of Personal Flying Device - 14 , June , 2018
- Up, Up and Away Asheville! Spirit Airlines Brings Ultra-Low Fares for Warm Weather Getaways - 13 , June , 2018
- Going to Greensboro! Spirit Airlines Lands in the Piedmont Triad with Ultra-Low Fares - 12 , June , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Pricing of Public Offering of $500 Million of 3.875% Unsecured Senior Notes due 2023 - 12 , June , 2018
- AEROMEXICO 10th ANNIVERSARY OF ITS SHANGHAI-MEXICO CITY FLIGHT - 8 , June , 2018
- AEROMEXICO ANNOUNCES THE START OF SERVICE TO TWO NEW DESTINATIONS IN CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN - 7 , June , 2018
- More Go, Coming Right Up! Spirit Airlines Extends Schedule through February 2019 with Seven New Routes - 7 , June , 2018