Spire Global and Airbus Partner to Deliver Global Aircraft Surveillance Data
MADRID, Spain, March 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Spire Global and Airbus Defence and Space have signed a Memorandum of Understanding. Under the MoU, Spire will contribute data from its network of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) enabled satellites to the Airbus Surveillance Digital Eco-System.
Airbus is looking to create a near real-time database of air traffic by building an ecosystem of suppliers with different kinds of data sets. Spire’s unique capability to offer space-based ADS-B data surveillance will allow Airbus to fulfill its ambition to “make more of the sky” by delivering real-time, global aircraft surveillance data to the broader aviation market.
“Airbus is a forward-thinking organization with a heavy focus on technology and innovation – especially when it comes to the implications that data has on business. For that reason, they are an ideal partner for Spire AirSafe,” said William Fernandez, Spire AirSafe Business Development Executive.
Spire’s global ADS-B service will begin to roll out later this year. The service is driven by the company’s multi-sensor satellite platform which serves multiple data types from a single satellite bus. Spire’s current satellite constellation contains 58 satellites and covers each point on Earth more than one hundred times per day.
Spire is a data and analytics company that collects data for earth from space, to help business and governments address previously insurmountable problems affecting everyone on the planet. Its constantly improving constellation of LEO satellites uses listening sensors to listen to the planet in real-time, gaining access to rich and untapped data sources totally off-limits to camera-based technology and inaccessible from the ground. To learn more, visit: www.spire.com
Source: Av News Feed
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Lease Placement of Two Airbus A320-200neo Aircraft with SAS - 20 , June , 2018
- Air Europa SUMA Expands Partnership With Points To Enhance Loyalty Program - 19 , June , 2018
- Going Global in Orlando! Spirit Airlines Announces Major International Expansion - 14 , June , 2018
- GoFly Honors Top Designs in Development of Personal Flying Device - 14 , June , 2018
- Up, Up and Away Asheville! Spirit Airlines Brings Ultra-Low Fares for Warm Weather Getaways - 13 , June , 2018
- Going to Greensboro! Spirit Airlines Lands in the Piedmont Triad with Ultra-Low Fares - 12 , June , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Pricing of Public Offering of $500 Million of 3.875% Unsecured Senior Notes due 2023 - 12 , June , 2018
- AEROMEXICO 10th ANNIVERSARY OF ITS SHANGHAI-MEXICO CITY FLIGHT - 8 , June , 2018
- AEROMEXICO ANNOUNCES THE START OF SERVICE TO TWO NEW DESTINATIONS IN CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN - 7 , June , 2018
- More Go, Coming Right Up! Spirit Airlines Extends Schedule through February 2019 with Seven New Routes - 7 , June , 2018