Spire Global and Airbus Partner to Deliver Global Aircraft Surveillance Data
MADRID, Spain, March 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Spire Global and Airbus Defence and Space have signed a Memorandum of Understanding. Under the MoU, Spire will contribute data from its network of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) enabled satellites to the Airbus Surveillance Digital Eco-System.
Airbus is looking to create a near real-time database of air traffic by building an ecosystem of suppliers with different kinds of data sets. Spire’s unique capability to offer space-based ADS-B data surveillance will allow Airbus to fulfill its ambition to “make more of the sky” by delivering real-time, global aircraft surveillance data to the broader aviation market.
“Airbus is a forward-thinking organization with a heavy focus on technology and innovation – especially when it comes to the implications that data has on business. For that reason, they are an ideal partner for Spire AirSafe,” said William Fernandez, Spire AirSafe Business Development Executive.
Spire’s global ADS-B service will begin to roll out later this year. The service is driven by the company’s multi-sensor satellite platform which serves multiple data types from a single satellite bus. Spire’s current satellite constellation contains 58 satellites and covers each point on Earth more than one hundred times per day.
Spire is a data and analytics company that collects data for earth from space, to help business and governments address previously insurmountable problems affecting everyone on the planet. Its constantly improving constellation of LEO satellites uses listening sensors to listen to the planet in real-time, gaining access to rich and untapped data sources totally off-limits to camera-based technology and inaccessible from the ground. To learn more, visit: www.spire.com
Source: Av News Feed
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Connects Customers and Their Passions With the Global British Polo Day Tour - 21 , March , 2018
- VirTra Awarded $4.6 Million Training Simulators Contract by U.S. Department of State for International Partner - 20 , March , 2018
- Willis Lease Finance Corporation Reports 50% Growth in Annual Pre-Tax Profit to $36.0 Million - 13 , March , 2018
- U.S. Defense Electronics Market Projected to Grow, Driven by World Events and Politics - 12 , March , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation to Present at J.P. Morgan Aviation, Transportation and Industrials Conference - 9 , March , 2018
- Points Named As One of Canada’s Top Workplaces for Women Four Years In A Row - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire Global and Airbus Partner to Deliver Global Aircraft Surveillance Data - 8 , March , 2018
- AEROMEXICO RENEWS ITS PRODUCT OFFER - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire’s First ADS-B Plane Tracking Satellites to Enter Service by the End of Q2 - 7 , March , 2018