SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems
GIBRALTAR, Feb. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — SunExpress, a Deutsche Lufthansa / Turkish Airlines joint venture, has executed a slot option purchase agreement for the SunExpress fleet of Boeing 737NG/MAX aircraft.
This agreement brings the total number of WheelTug systems reserved by airline customers to 1,042 across more than 20 airlines.
The WheelTug system uses high-performance electric motors, installed in the nose gear wheels of an aircraft, to provide full mobility and enhanced autonomy while on the ground. Pilots can use WheelTug to conduct pushback and taxi operations without needing to use tugs or the aircraft’s jet engines. WheelTug systems are expected to improve the efficiency and reliability of SunExpress ground operations, leading to reduced costs and enhanced aircraft utilization.
WheelTug CEO Isaiah Cox said, “We are very happy to have SunExpress take us past the 1,000 aircraft milestone, and look forward to bringing their customers an even better journey.”
For almost 30 years, SunExpress has offered non-stop leisure flights between Europe, Turkey, and vacation destinations all along the Mediterranean. The Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines joint venture offers 60 international destinations in more than 20 countries. Over 8 million passengers annually enjoy friendly on-board service and a comfortable flight experience. For more information, visit: www.SunExpress.com
About WheelTug plc
WheelTug plc is developing the WheelTug aircraft electric drive system, and is based in Gibraltar. A full listing of WheelTug partner companies and airline customers is on the company’s website at http://www.wheeltug.gi.
For more information:
Forward-looking statement at:http://www.wheeltug.gi/fls.shtml
Source: Av News Feed
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018