SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems
GIBRALTAR, Feb. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — SunExpress, a Deutsche Lufthansa / Turkish Airlines joint venture, has executed a slot option purchase agreement for the SunExpress fleet of Boeing 737NG/MAX aircraft.
This agreement brings the total number of WheelTug systems reserved by airline customers to 1,042 across more than 20 airlines.
The WheelTug system uses high-performance electric motors, installed in the nose gear wheels of an aircraft, to provide full mobility and enhanced autonomy while on the ground. Pilots can use WheelTug to conduct pushback and taxi operations without needing to use tugs or the aircraft’s jet engines. WheelTug systems are expected to improve the efficiency and reliability of SunExpress ground operations, leading to reduced costs and enhanced aircraft utilization.
WheelTug CEO Isaiah Cox said, “We are very happy to have SunExpress take us past the 1,000 aircraft milestone, and look forward to bringing their customers an even better journey.”
For almost 30 years, SunExpress has offered non-stop leisure flights between Europe, Turkey, and vacation destinations all along the Mediterranean. The Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines joint venture offers 60 international destinations in more than 20 countries. Over 8 million passengers annually enjoy friendly on-board service and a comfortable flight experience. For more information, visit: www.SunExpress.com
About WheelTug plc
WheelTug plc is developing the WheelTug aircraft electric drive system, and is based in Gibraltar. A full listing of WheelTug partner companies and airline customers is on the company’s website at http://www.wheeltug.gi.
For more information:
Forward-looking statement at:http://www.wheeltug.gi/fls.shtml
Source: Av News Feed
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Lease Placement of Four Boeing 737-8 MAX Aircraft with Belavia-Belarusian Airlines - 17 , July , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018