First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event,
West End, Grand Bahama,
February 2-12, 2018
West End, Grand Bahama, Feb. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — A group of some 60 licensed skydivers and aviation enthusiasts are at the Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama Island this week for its first Bahama Beach Skydiving event. The historic event which features skydivers, jumping from parachutes amid 14,000 feet, takes place daily between 10 am and 5 pm – February 2 through 12 from the West End International Airport.
Organized by Sky’s The Limit, a skydiving company based in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, the event is also sanctioned by The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation (MOTA). Sponsors for the event include Old Bahama Bay Resort, United Parachute Technologies, Vigil, Aerodyne, Great Wolf Lodge, Sun Path and Shooting Star.
According to Jeff Root, CEO and owner of Sky’s The Limit, “all of the skydivers are licensed jumpers and are excited to visit and participate in a sport they love in such a wonderful location as Grand Bahama Island and Old Bahama Bay Resort. It is our hope that we can make this event, in Grand Bahama, an annual one for our aviation members”.
Greg Rolle, pilot and Sr. Director of Sports and Vertical Markets for The Bahamas MOTA said, “the organizers of this event jumped full force, no pun intended, into planning and executing this event. This is a prime example of private enterprise working cohesively with the public sector, and we could not have been more excited to work alongside such a reputable and influential body. The economic injection, particularly into the West End community and the added interest generated from its marketing, are beneficial to the destination.”
Local residents and aviation enthusiasts can watch the exciting parachute jumps, complimentary, from bleachers erected at the Old Bahama Bay Resort. For more information on the Bahama Beach Skydiving event visit: https://skysthelimit.net/bahama-boogie.
About The Islands Of The Bahamas
The Islands Of The Bahamas have a place in the sun for everyone from Nassau and Paradise Island to Grand Bahama to The Abaco Islands, The Exuma Islands, Harbour Island, Long Island and others. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles with some of the world’s best golf, scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. The destination offers an easily accessible tropical getaway and the Bahamian dollar on par with the U.S. dollar. Do everything or do nothing, just remember It’s Better in The Bahamas. For more information on travel packages, activities and accommodations, call 1-800-Bahamas or visit www.Bahamas.com. Look for The Bahamas on the web on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/b9bdfa82-0d23-4ce8-b80d-79ce97c342d3
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/4471ef98-5fa9-46d4-b676-6246ca9065f1
CONTACT: D. Earnestine Moxyz Bahamas Ministry of Tourism 954-236-9292 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Av News Feed
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018