The Boeing test team has put on quite the performance recently while putting the 787-10 Dreamliner through a series of flight tests. These flight tests are used to check out the Dreamliner’s performance and handling.
Boeing 787-10 Take-Off Flight Tests
During the take-off performance testing in California, the team assessed how the aircraft would behave during high speed and low speed take-off. They needed perfectly calm wind conditions for this testing, and that’s what they found at Edwards Air Force Base.
Perhaps one of the more thrilling tests for the pilots is ground effect testing, which measures the aircraft’s aerodynamic behavior low to the ground.
“We’re flying very low, just above the runway” said 787-10 chief model pilot Tim Berg.
“It’s fun and exciting for the flight test team because it’s a very dynamic environment.”
Currently the 787-10 has a range of 6430 nautical miles, 1205 less than the 787-9 although it has the capacity to carry an additional 40 passengers.
The 787-10 Dreamliner is the newest and longest member of the super-efficient 787 family. As a stretched version of the 787-9, the 787-10 leverages the family’s proven technology, long range and preferred passenger experience and with unprecedented efficiency. It has 10 percent better fuel and emissions than the best on offer by the competition and 25 percent better than the airliners it will replace.
Boeing 787 Technical Specs
|Range nm (km)||7,355 nmi (13,620 km)||7,635 nmi (14,140 km)||6,430 nmi (11,910 km)|
|Length||57 m (186 ft)||63 m (206 ft)||68 m (224 ft)|
|Wingspan||60 m (197 ft)|
|Height||17 m (56 ft)|
|Engine||GEnx-1B / Trent 1000||GEnx-1B / Trent 1000||GEnx-1B / Trent 1000|
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018