Virgin Atlantic has launched a festive red version of its highly collectable salt and pepper shakers in its Upper Class cabin.
The sought after items, currently onboard, in silver and black,are named Wilbur and Orville and are shaped like mini planes. They are so coveted they even have Pinched from Virgin Atlantic stamped onto the feet to try to discourage light fingered passengers. They’ve even been found on Ebay selling for up to £20 per pair!
Festive Flying With Virgin Atlantic
Over the Christmas period, from the 21st-26th December the shakers will be available onboard in Virgin Atlantic red. The airline is encouraging passengers to pinch them and take them home to sit pride of place on the Christmas dinner table or gifted to that aviation enthusiast relative.
Mark Anderson, Executive Vice President Customer at Virgin Atlantic commented: “When we launched Wilbur and Orville over 15 years ago we had no idea they’d become so iconic and loved by our customers. Although our cabin crew keep a close eye on them, thousands have been pinched over the years as customers like to take home a special memento of their Virgin Atlantic flight. This Christmas we’re shaking things up by introducing limited edition red sets of Wilbur and Orville on all flights, and expect to see them fly off the planes.”
But it’s not just the salt and pepper pots that go missing, the top pinched items from Virgin are:
- Wilbur and Orville salt and pepper shakers
- Mugs in Upper Class and Premium Economy
- Blankets from all cabins
- Noble Isle hand wash and hand cream from the bathrooms
- Safety cards
- Sick bags
Virgin Atlantic prides itself on the bespoke design of its onboard offerings making everything onboard look and feel uniquely Virgin. Therefore it’s no surprise that passengers like to take home a memento of their flight….especially from Upper Class!
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018