Head-up Display Market to Approach Billion by 2022
WELLESLEY, Mass., Oct. 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Augmented reality and its applications are prompting a paradigm shift in the market for head-up displays, which is expected to grow by 24.4% annually through 2022. Led by sales in projection units as well as computers, the worldwide market could approach $8 billion by 2022, according to an industry report by BCC Research.
Head-up displays have been widely used in the military and aerospace industries since the post-World War II era, and in the defense and avionics industries, head-up displays reached saturation levels. However, the use of head-up displays in luxury cars and airplanes has prompted a resurgence of the industry, and growth is being helped by a shift in aircraft head-up displays from LED-based projection to laser-based projection.
Growth of head-up displays in the aviation industry is projected to average 23.4% annually through 2022, when its value will top $4 billion. For the automobile industry, growth is forecast to exceed 26% annually through 2022, according to the report Head-up Displays: Technologies and Global Markets.
Leaders in the field include Alphabet, Audi, BAE, BMW, Bosch, Daimler, General Motors, Harman International Industries, Honeywell Aerospace, Panasonic, Saab Group, Toshiba and Toyota.
- Growth in North America is projected to average 26.1% annually through 2022, when the market could be valued at $2.4 billion. Growth will also be robust in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The market for HUDs is being driven by an increased number of high-end automobiles, such as luxury cars and sports cars.
- Defense spending is driving a significant portion of the growth of head-up displays, with annual market expansion in North America projected to be 24.5% through 2022.
“Head-up displays and their application in the automotive and aviation industries is a global phenomenon,” said Kevin Fitzgerald, BCC Research editorial director. “As of now, North America is the largest regional market in automotive and aviation. However, Europe is also an important market since it has a substantial number of car, aircraft and helicopter manufacturers.”
Growth in Luxury Car Sales Spurs Expansion of Head-up Display Market
The global demand for luxury cars is increasing, with China’s luxury car market growing 40% between 2015 and 2016, while the market in India grew at 50% for the same period. Three major German auto makers—BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz—account for almost 80% of the global luxury car market. The North American market for luxury cars is projected to increase by 29.1% annually through 2022, with growth in Europe projected to be 26.4% through the same period.
Editors/reporters requesting analyst interviews should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BCC Research
BCC Research is a publisher of market research reports that provide organizations with intelligence to drive smart business decisions. By partnering with industry experts worldwide, BCC Research provides unbiased measurements and assessments of global markets covering major industrial and technology sectors, including emerging markets. For more information about BCC Research, please visit bccresearch.com. Follow BCC Research on Twitter at @BCCResearch.
Source: Av News Feed
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Connects Customers and Their Passions With the Global British Polo Day Tour - 21 , March , 2018
- VirTra Awarded $4.6 Million Training Simulators Contract by U.S. Department of State for International Partner - 20 , March , 2018
- Willis Lease Finance Corporation Reports 50% Growth in Annual Pre-Tax Profit to $36.0 Million - 13 , March , 2018
- U.S. Defense Electronics Market Projected to Grow, Driven by World Events and Politics - 12 , March , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation to Present at J.P. Morgan Aviation, Transportation and Industrials Conference - 9 , March , 2018
- Points Named As One of Canada’s Top Workplaces for Women Four Years In A Row - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire Global and Airbus Partner to Deliver Global Aircraft Surveillance Data - 8 , March , 2018
- AEROMEXICO RENEWS ITS PRODUCT OFFER - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire’s First ADS-B Plane Tracking Satellites to Enter Service by the End of Q2 - 7 , March , 2018