Finnair is poised to enter the largest expansion in its history during the upcoming winter season. With its fast-connecting hub in Helsinki, Finnair offers one of the most reliable and convenient networks linking several key destinations in Europe with Asia.
New Finnair Winter Flights
Finnair’s growth strategy will be in full swing during the winter season with 20 intercontinental destinations, over 100 destinations in Europe and a significant increase in capacity for Lapland destinations.
Finnair is opening new routes to Goa, India on the 1st November, to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on the 5th November, to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic on the 30th November and to Havana, Cuba on the 1st December.
“This winter, we are entering the biggest expansion phase in our airline’s 94 year history,” says Juha Järvinen, Chief Commercial Officer at Finnair.
“We are opening several new destinations, expanding our network and fleet including our eleven Airbus A350 aircraft, adding capacity to Finnish Lapland and taking important strides in our customer experience. It’s a very exciting time to fly Finnair.”
Due to the continued increase in demand for Lapland as a tourist destination, Finnair is also heavily expanding its capacity to several Lapland airports for the upcoming winter season. Finnair is the leading airline flying to Lapland with several weekly connections, and timetables designed to support smooth connections from Europe.
Finnair is increasing its capacity to Lapland by over 20%. As of mid-December, Finnair will start flying new non-stop flights to Lapland airports, Kittilä and Ivalo from London Gatwick. Finnair is also increasing its capacity from Helsinki airport to several Lapland airports for the entire winter season. In total, Finnair is offering 430,000 seats to five of Lapland’s airports during the winter season.
In line with its growth strategy Finnair recently announced they are extending their current partnership with British Airways with several new code-shares flights within Europe, aiming to increase the connectivity for both carriers through their respective Helsinki and London airport hubs. British Airways will place its codes on several of Finnair’s European destinations including the new flights from London Gatwick to Kittilä and Ivalo. Finnair will place its codes on British Airways flights between London Heathrow and Tallinn, Copenhagen and Gothenburg.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018