British Airways will welcome its 25th Dreamliner into its fleet as it takes delivery of a Boeing 787-8 on Friday (29th September). Flight number BA8625 will depart Boeing’s Seattle factory on Thursday 28th 6.05pm local time, making its maiden voyage to the Heathrow. The Dreamliner should land at Heathrow at 11.15am local time on Friday.
This ninth 787-8, with the registration G-ZBJI, joins 16 787-9 Dreamliners in the British Airways fleet. The airline has two further 787-9 aircraft and three 787-8 aircraft which will be delivered in 2018. BA has a further 12 787-10 aircraft on order which are due to arrive between 2020 and 2023.
British Airways 25th 787 Dreamliner
Captain Stephen Riley, British Airways’ director of flight operations, will be taking delivery of the aircraft.
“It is a great privilege to be the Captain flying to Heathrow in our newest aircraft. Some two-and-a-half years of work goes into the delivery of a new aircraft so it’s an exciting moment when we finally fly it home to join the fleet.”
“The Dreamliners are fantastic aircraft both to fly as a pilot and to enjoy as a customer. They are incredibly technologically advanced and the most fuel efficient long-haul aircraft. They’ve also been designed with travellers’ comfort in mind, which means customers arrive at their destination feeling great.”
This particular 787-8 will be a three cabin aircraft. Look our for flight number BA8625 arriving at Heathrow on Friday!
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018