British Airways will welcome its 25th Dreamliner into its fleet as it takes delivery of a Boeing 787-8 on Friday (29th September). Flight number BA8625 will depart Boeing’s Seattle factory on Thursday 28th 6.05pm local time, making its maiden voyage to the Heathrow. The Dreamliner should land at Heathrow at 11.15am local time on Friday.
This ninth 787-8, with the registration G-ZBJI, joins 16 787-9 Dreamliners in the British Airways fleet. The airline has two further 787-9 aircraft and three 787-8 aircraft which will be delivered in 2018. BA has a further 12 787-10 aircraft on order which are due to arrive between 2020 and 2023.
British Airways 25th 787 Dreamliner
Captain Stephen Riley, British Airways’ director of flight operations, will be taking delivery of the aircraft.
“It is a great privilege to be the Captain flying to Heathrow in our newest aircraft. Some two-and-a-half years of work goes into the delivery of a new aircraft so it’s an exciting moment when we finally fly it home to join the fleet.”
“The Dreamliners are fantastic aircraft both to fly as a pilot and to enjoy as a customer. They are incredibly technologically advanced and the most fuel efficient long-haul aircraft. They’ve also been designed with travellers’ comfort in mind, which means customers arrive at their destination feeling great.”
This particular 787-8 will be a three cabin aircraft. Look our for flight number BA8625 arriving at Heathrow on Friday!
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018