Icelandic low-cost airline, WOW air, will be offering cheap Toronto flights and Montreal flights next year. The airline has announced plans to increase the number of flights from London to popular Canadian destinations Toronto & Montreal to a daily service this spring.
From 1st May 2017, the airline will fly daily from London Gatwick to Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and from the 13th June 2017 to Montréal–Trudeau Airport (YUL), via Reykjavik (KEF). The airline will be offering the cheapest connection between Europe and Canada, fares for UK holidaymakers start from just £139.99.
The year-round services currently operate five times a week to with Montreal and Toronto flights. The airline also flies daily to various US destinations including New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles, with new services to Miami from April 2017 and Pittsburgh from June 2017.
Skúli Mogensen, Founder and CEO of WOW air said, “Just a year after launching our services to Canada and within a few months of increasing the frequency of our flights to the US, we’re thrilled to be in a position to continue our rapid expansion by making our Canadian routes daily. Canada is a diverse destination, which has been continually rising in popularity for UK travellers and the fantastic response to our routes has reflected this.”
Cheap Toronto Flights
For those looking for a budget-friendly escape, WOW air is currently offering fares from London Gatwick to Reykjavik for just £32.99, or £139.99 to various North American and Canadian destinations, one way.
You can fly direct with Air Transat but our recent experience with their Toronto flights wasn’t the best. Food and drink has been reduced to a minimum with a hot roll as a main meal and a slice of pizza for the second meal or just a slice of cake for breakfast. They also only serve two drinks – the equivalent of a single can of soft drink. We’re not sure if the Air Transat are trying to cut costs in other areas but we ran out of fuel and had to land in Niagara Airport (USA) just across the lake form Toronto to take on more fuel. The total travel time was the same as a recent San Francisco flight so a stopover in Iceland with WOW air may be quicker!
Let us know how you get on with your WOW air flight to Canada.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018