It’s great news for anyone looking to travel between Europe and Asia as Finnair and Vietnam Airlines today launch a new codeshare agreement. This cooperation between these two airlines will offer an increased choice of destinations and flight frequencies for passengers.
With this new agreement, Finnair’s flight numbers will be added to Vietnam Airlines flights which operate out of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City connecting with Finnair’s flights to Helsinki from Bangkok and Singapore. In addition, Vietnam Airlines’ flight numbers will be added to Finnair’s London and Frankfurt flights, when connecting with Vietnam Airlines’ flights between both continents. And with both airlines operating the Airbus A350 on specific routes it also offers passengers the chance to experience the latest aircraft and cabin services.
“This agreement will bring great connectivity and benefits to passengers flying from Europe to Vietnam and vice-versa,” says Philip Lewin, Head of Partnerships & Alliances, Finnair.
“We are very happy to work with Vietnam Airlines on this new codeshare agreement and we are convinced customers from both airlines will benefit from this new collaboration.”
Flights with the new codeshares will be available for booking as of today, 1st November 2016 and the first possible travel dates using the new codeshares will be from the 15th November 2016. Finnair customers will be able to earn and redeem Finnair Plus points on any Vietnam Airlines flights that carry Finnair’s AY flight designator codes.
In the UK and Ireland, Finnair flies from London Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Dublin to Helsinki. And with
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018