Antony J. Stanton, a British Airways long-haul commercial pilot, has more than just the skies in his sights. He has spent eighteen years flying the friendly skies, often whisking passengers on holiday to Los Angeles. Now he is set to be taken to Hollywood himself for a very different reason.
In his downtime around the world he has penned a post-apocalyptic trilogy. “Once Bitten, Twice Die” – book one from the trilogy that he had to self-publish last year – made it to Amazon’s top 3 spot for genre. following its success it was quickly noticed by a sharp American movie producer. He is now keen to adapt it for TV.
Following in the footsteps of other famous self-published or rebuffed authors, such as E.L James of ‘Fifty Shades’ fame and J.K. Rowling, Stanton’s fortune is about to take off. He looks set to become the next successful self-published author. Rejected by countless publishers, yet set to hit the big-time nevertheless. The potential TV series is currently in development and pre-production. The producer is aiming to start shooting Once Bitten next year.
Once Bitten Twice Die
Within weeks of publication, book one had amassed a fleet of five-star reviews. Often they would read along the lines of ‘Not my usual genre, but I am absolutely delighted I read it anyway. Can’t wait for the next one.’ The books differ from the usual formula of post-apocalyptic survival. They concentrate far more on character development, plot and realism. Also, along with the usual zombie protagonists, there are vampires thrown in for good measure.
“I always wondered what would happen if a horde of angry zombies ever cornered the typical lone, suave vampire,” Stanton said. “Exactly how many zeds would it take to bring down a vamp anyway?”
Whether it is your “usual genre” or not, you are sure to see more of Stanton’s novels. They will either in your local book shop or on TV next year. And even if you choose not to read them, like the zombies in his stories, they are going to be hard to avoid.
Book two, “Once Bitten, Twice Live” was published in May, and book three, “Twice Bitten, Twice Die” is due for publication on the 21st October, just in time for Halloween. The books are available now on Amazon, and all major online retailers.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018