The world’s newest airliner, the Airbus A350XWB, will make its first demo tour of China between the 25th June and 2nd July. During the eight day trip, A350 XWB test aircraft MSN2 (Manufacturer serial number) will fly to Beijing (PEK), Shanghai (SHA), Guangzhou (CAN), Haikou (HAK) and Chengdu (CTU).
The tour follows the A350’s endorsement by China Eastern Airlines who ordered 20 A350-900 aircraft in April 2016. Air China also ordered 10 A350-900. The unrivalled operational performance and cabin comfort of the A350 XWB will give Chinese airlines a competitive edge and to attract more passenger on international routes. China is one of the fastest growing markets for air transport and Airbus has supplied 50 per cent of the in-service commercial aircraft fleet in China.
A350 Tour of China Begins
The tour will also show how the Chinese aviation industry has made important contributions to the development and making of the A350 XWB. Airbus (Beijing) Engineering Centre together and its partner Aviation Industry Corporation of China participated in the programme’s development, involving specific design work for the airframe. Some five percent of the airframe is manufactured in China. The A350 XWB is a symbol of strategic industrial cooperation between Airbus and China’s aviation industry.
Featuring a distinctive “Carbon” signature livery to reflect its primary construction from advanced materials, the MSN002 is one of Airbus’ fleet of five test A350-900 aircraft and one of two with a fully functional cabin (42 business class and 210 economy class seats). The flights will be operated by Airbus flight crews.
The A350 XWB features the latest aerodynamic design, carbon fibre fuselage and wings, plus new fuel-efficient Rolls-Royce engines. Together, these latest technologies translate into unrivalled levels of operational efficiency, with a 25 per cent reduction in fuel burn and emissions, and significantly lower maintenance costs. The spaciousness, quietness, beautiful interior and ambient lighting in the cabin contribute to superior levels of comfort and well-being, setting new standards in terms of flight experience for all passengers.
To date, Airbus has recorded some 800 firm orders for the A350 XWB from 42 customers worldwide, already making it one of the most successful widebody aircraft ever.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018