In May 1986, United Airlines commenced hub operations at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) with 58 departures serving 24 destinations. Today, United celebrates three decades of serving the airport as a hub and more than 50 years serving the capital region, connecting customers to 83 global destinations with more than 200 departures, including capital-to-capital service to nearly 40 airports worldwide.
30 Years at Dulles
“Over the last 30 years, United has employed nearly 17,000 dedicated employees at IAD who have helped connect more than 500 million people through Washington Dulles to destinations around the globe,” said Jon Roitman, senior vice president of airport operations for United.
“We are committed to providing our customers at IAD and throughout the world with an elevated travel experience, and we look forward to delivering unmatched service from the national capital region for decades to come.”
United remains focused on adding service to the places customers want to fly at the times they want to travel, and will launch two new daily seasonal routes from IAD to Barcelona and Lisbon on May 25. Additionally, United recently applied to serve Havana from Dulles – the only airline that would offer direct flights to the Cuban capital from the Washington, D.C. market.
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018