In May 1986, United Airlines commenced hub operations at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) with 58 departures serving 24 destinations. Today, United celebrates three decades of serving the airport as a hub and more than 50 years serving the capital region, connecting customers to 83 global destinations with more than 200 departures, including capital-to-capital service to nearly 40 airports worldwide.
30 Years at Dulles
“Over the last 30 years, United has employed nearly 17,000 dedicated employees at IAD who have helped connect more than 500 million people through Washington Dulles to destinations around the globe,” said Jon Roitman, senior vice president of airport operations for United.
“We are committed to providing our customers at IAD and throughout the world with an elevated travel experience, and we look forward to delivering unmatched service from the national capital region for decades to come.”
United remains focused on adding service to the places customers want to fly at the times they want to travel, and will launch two new daily seasonal routes from IAD to Barcelona and Lisbon on May 25. Additionally, United recently applied to serve Havana from Dulles – the only airline that would offer direct flights to the Cuban capital from the Washington, D.C. market.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018