The new Cathay Pacific Lounge has opened this week for passengers flying from Vancouver International Airport. Located in the International Terminal, between departure gates D66 and D67, the new lounge adopts the airline’s contemporary and elegant design template, which has already been rolled out in Cathay Pacific lounges in Hong Kong, Manila, Bangkok, Taipei and Haneda Airport.
First and Business Class lounge offers understated luxury for travellers
The new lounge measures 510 square metres, with a seating capacity of 108 people offering a supremely comfortable exclusive environment of understated luxury in which passengers can relax before their flight out of Vancouver.
Designed by Studioilse, the London-based design firm led by Ilse Crawford, the new lounge features warm, natural materials like wood and stone, alongside softened acoustics and lighting, to create an environment that helps passengers feel relaxed by engaging the senses and focusing on wellbeing as a core principle.
“We aim to offer the very best traveller experience when flying with us and we believe this spectacular new lounge is a reflection of how important this market is to the airline,” says Nick Hays, Cathay Pacific’s Vice President Canada.
New Cathay Pacific Lounge Opened at Vancouver Airport
“We hope our guests will enjoy taking in the iconic views of Vancouver’s coastal mountains as they say farewell to the city and use this space as a tranquil haven that sets the mood for their outbound flights to New York, Hong Kong, China or beyond to our global network.”
Cherry wood walls and a limestone floor are framed with details such as glazed screens and green ceramic tiles in The Noodle Bar, bronze and brass highlights in the main entrance and bar area. An abundance of plants adds colour to the space and specially sourced artwork reflects the local culture of B.C. – giving the feel of a comfortable domestic space rather than a standard airline lounge.
Natural sunlight filters through the windows; bespoke chairs and side tables with in-built lamps and sockets are placed by the glass so passengers can enjoy views of the airport runway and mountains beyond. Business travellers can take advantage of complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the lounge and three individual workstations with iMacs and printers in The Bureau.
Dining is a focal part of the Cathay Pacific lounge experience and Vancouver’s lounge features the signature Noodle Bar, which offers a selection of soup including wonton noodle soup, dan dan noodle soup and authentic Hong Kong- style fish ball noodle soup. Another dining highlight is The Pantry, where passengers can enjoy cold cuts, a selection of cheese, salads, western hot food, fruits, desserts and tapas.
The new lounge in Vancouver is designed to reflect the Cathay Pacific brand experience and to offer passengers both relaxation and enjoyment, whether they are returning home to Hong Kong or travelling beyond to China or Greater Asia.
The lounge is open to First and Business Class passengers travelling on Cathay Pacific and members of the Marco Polo Club with Silver Card status or above and members of all tiers who earn lounge passes and/or their friends and family, including oneworld members with Sapphire status or above. The Cathay Pacific Lounge is open daily from 10.30 am to 3.00 pm and 8.00 pm to 2.00 am, but adjusted seasonally according to the Cathay Pacific flight schedule.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018