Air Austral has taken delivery of its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The newest addition to the airline’s long-haul fleet touched down at Roland Garros Airport in Saint-Marie, Reunion Island following a 10,500-mile (16,898-kilometre) delivery flight. The flight originated from the Boeing Everett Delivery Center in Everett, Washington.
Air Austral 787
“The state of the art 787 Dreamliner’s unique capabilities enable us to launch the Dzaoudi to Paris Charles de Gaulle route,” said Marie-Joseph Male, executive chairman and chief executive officer, Air Austral.
“This airplane is the most advanced in the world, with superior operating economics all while providing our passengers an unrivalled on-board experience.”
The 787 is a family of technologically advanced, super-efficient airplanes with new passenger-pleasing features. In addition to bringing big-jet ranges to midsize airplanes, the 787 will provide the airline with unmatched fuel efficiency and environmental performance, using 20 to 25 percent less fuel and with 20 to 25 percent fewer emissions than the airplanes it replaces.
“It is an honor to deliver the first 787 Dreamliner to Air Austral, a first for a French operator,” said Van Rex Gallard, vice president sales Latin America, Caribbean and Africa, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
“The Dreamliner will complement Air Austral’s growing long-haul fleet, made up of 777s and now a 787, as well as its trans-continental network to Europe and Asia.”
Air Austral announced an order for two 787-8 Dreamliners in 2015. The airline was founded in 1975 and currently operates a fleet of nine aircraft to over 10 destinations worldwide.
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018