Air Austral has taken delivery of its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The newest addition to the airline’s long-haul fleet touched down at Roland Garros Airport in Saint-Marie, Reunion Island following a 10,500-mile (16,898-kilometre) delivery flight. The flight originated from the Boeing Everett Delivery Center in Everett, Washington.
Air Austral 787
“The state of the art 787 Dreamliner’s unique capabilities enable us to launch the Dzaoudi to Paris Charles de Gaulle route,” said Marie-Joseph Male, executive chairman and chief executive officer, Air Austral.
“This airplane is the most advanced in the world, with superior operating economics all while providing our passengers an unrivalled on-board experience.”
The 787 is a family of technologically advanced, super-efficient airplanes with new passenger-pleasing features. In addition to bringing big-jet ranges to midsize airplanes, the 787 will provide the airline with unmatched fuel efficiency and environmental performance, using 20 to 25 percent less fuel and with 20 to 25 percent fewer emissions than the airplanes it replaces.
“It is an honor to deliver the first 787 Dreamliner to Air Austral, a first for a French operator,” said Van Rex Gallard, vice president sales Latin America, Caribbean and Africa, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
“The Dreamliner will complement Air Austral’s growing long-haul fleet, made up of 777s and now a 787, as well as its trans-continental network to Europe and Asia.”
Air Austral announced an order for two 787-8 Dreamliners in 2015. The airline was founded in 1975 and currently operates a fleet of nine aircraft to over 10 destinations worldwide.
- TTM Technologies, Inc. Announces a Retirement and Nominates a New Board Member - 20 , February , 2018
- Growing in the Caribbean! Spirit Airlines to Add New Service to St. Croix - 20 , February , 2018
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018