Last night the fashion world turned its attention to Helsinki Airport as the long-awaited Match Made in HEL fashion show took place on runway 2. Jointly organised by Finnair and Finavia, the event gathered seven top names in European and Asian fashion design who presented their creations in this one-of-a-kind fashion show.
Click to compare flight prices to Helsinki
Approximately a hundred international fashion journalists and influencers were among the 350 guests in attendance to enjoy the show with Finnair’s wide-body aircraft sitting on the runway.
Helsinki Airport Fashion Show
“We want to extend a warm thank you for a fantastic show to all guests who attended and all those who participated in organising this event,” says Katja Siberg, VP Marketing and Business Development at Finavia.
“The designers’ creations sparkled on the runway and the atmosphere was made perfect by the beautiful weather. This was an extraordinary way to promote Helsinki Airport as a functional and smooth transfer airport between Europe and Asia.”
“This spectacular event exceeded our expectations, which were very high,” says Johanna Jäkälä, Vice President Brand, Marketing & Customer Loyalty at Finnair.
“We organised this fashion show to celebrate the connections between Europe and Asia and to showcase the work of the most interesting designers of the moment from these two continents. Aviation has had a key role in spreading fashion phenomena around the world. Every day on our flights, we see how fashion inspires and connects people. This event has now also created new international bonds.”
Match Made in HEL is a joint campaign of Finnair and Finavia. It aims to promote the international recognition of Helsinki Airport and Finnair as well as to draw attention to the convenient transfer connections between Europe and Asia.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018