British Airways is featuring some of the best of the Bard on board its long-haul flights with a special line up of in-flight entertainment to help celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death.
To BA or not to BA!
Customers flying on the airline’s long-haul flights will be able to listen to some of the world famous playwright’s most iconic plays as well as watch content unique to BA.
This includes a recording of a special live performance of ‘Much Ado About Nothing’, performed at
Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, on London’s Southbank, which was first published in 1632.
Troy Warfield, British Airways’ director of customer experience, said: “We have been waiting in the wings for some time to raise the curtain on our Shakespeare-themed in-flight entertainment content.”
“Shakespeare needs no introduction, but a long-haul flight with British Airways is the perfect opportunity to become reacquainted with some of the world’s best and most engrossing plays by the world’s best playwright.”
As well as being able to watch the live recorded performance of Much Ado About Nothing, filmed at The Globe Theatre, customers can also enjoy watching acclaimed actor Michael Fassbender’s incredible performance in the iconic roll of Macbeth, in the latest film version of the unforgettable play.
Other productions available through the airline’s on-Bard High Life entertainment’s audio selection, include The Tempest, Julius Caesar and Hamlet.
Bard On Board
Locations which feature among Shakespeare’s plays also appear throughout British Airways’ global route network; from Windsor, close to Terminal 5 at Heathrow, the airline’s customers can wing their way Athens, Cyprus, Denmark, Florence, Milan, Naples, Paris, Rome, Scotland, Venice, Verona and Vienna.
Flying on British Airways customers can enjoy over 1,300 hours of programmes, films and music, which includes audio books for language learning, as well as TV box sets and the very latest movie blockbusters on the airline’s High Life entertainment system.
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018