Finnair has been busy adding that Nordic feel to their new Airbus A350 aircraft. These new jets have been fitted out with additional, larger economy seats, touchscreen IFE and the latest in lie-flat Finnair Business Class seats.
It’s not just the colour scheme of the cabin that gives you that Scandinavian feeling when you are onboard, Finnair has also been working with Finnish chefs to provide the best parts of Nordic and international kitchens aboard their flights.
The airline has teamed up with such chefs as Sasu Laukkonen (Restaurant Chef & Sommelier), Jaakko Sorsa and Chinese Signature Chef: Steven Liu to create ‘East meets West’ signature menus to complement Finnair’s long haul routes.
On Finnair Business Class flights from Helsinki the Signature menus have been created to provide the best parts of Nordic cuisine. For flights to Helsinki you’ll find flavours of Asian and American cuisine, combined with Nordic options. For Economy passengers on long haul flights there are also Nordic and Asian meal options available.
The Finnair ‘food mission’ has been to offer the best parts of Nordic and international kitchen aboard the airline’s flights. For flights departing from Beijing and Shanghai the Signature Menu is by Steven Liu.
Chef Steven Liu has made a remarkable career in Europe and Asia. His food creations have been served at The Dorchester and The Savoy in London as well as the ‘Le Cordon Bleu’ network. Chef Steven has been on various reality shows and was a judge on Master Chef China on Dragon TV.
Finnair Business Class Signature Menu by Sasu Laukkonen
Sasu Laukkonen will bring the best of Nordic cuisine on long haul Business Class flights that depart from Helsinki. His style is pure in taste and close to his Nordic roots. You can also experience his skills at the Michelin star awarded restaurant Chef & Sommelier in Helsinki.
Finnair began its Signature Menu cooperation programme back in 2013 and has worked with top Finnish chefs in creating a series of signature menus for Finnair’s long-haul flights. Last February, Finnair unveiled its latest signature dishes in cooperation with Executive Chef Jaakko Sorsa for the Hong Kong-Helsinki business class service. The partnership was Finnair’s first collaboration with an Asian-based chef as well as the first designed for a specific long-haul route.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018