Finnair has been busy adding that Nordic feel to their new Airbus A350 aircraft. These new jets have been fitted out with additional, larger economy seats, touchscreen IFE and the latest in lie-flat Finnair Business Class seats.
It’s not just the colour scheme of the cabin that gives you that Scandinavian feeling when you are onboard, Finnair has also been working with Finnish chefs to provide the best parts of Nordic and international kitchens aboard their flights.
The airline has teamed up with such chefs as Sasu Laukkonen (Restaurant Chef & Sommelier), Jaakko Sorsa and Chinese Signature Chef: Steven Liu to create ‘East meets West’ signature menus to complement Finnair’s long haul routes.
On Finnair Business Class flights from Helsinki the Signature menus have been created to provide the best parts of Nordic cuisine. For flights to Helsinki you’ll find flavours of Asian and American cuisine, combined with Nordic options. For Economy passengers on long haul flights there are also Nordic and Asian meal options available.
The Finnair ‘food mission’ has been to offer the best parts of Nordic and international kitchen aboard the airline’s flights. For flights departing from Beijing and Shanghai the Signature Menu is by Steven Liu.
Chef Steven Liu has made a remarkable career in Europe and Asia. His food creations have been served at The Dorchester and The Savoy in London as well as the ‘Le Cordon Bleu’ network. Chef Steven has been on various reality shows and was a judge on Master Chef China on Dragon TV.
Finnair Business Class Signature Menu by Sasu Laukkonen
Sasu Laukkonen will bring the best of Nordic cuisine on long haul Business Class flights that depart from Helsinki. His style is pure in taste and close to his Nordic roots. You can also experience his skills at the Michelin star awarded restaurant Chef & Sommelier in Helsinki.
Finnair began its Signature Menu cooperation programme back in 2013 and has worked with top Finnish chefs in creating a series of signature menus for Finnair’s long-haul flights. Last February, Finnair unveiled its latest signature dishes in cooperation with Executive Chef Jaakko Sorsa for the Hong Kong-Helsinki business class service. The partnership was Finnair’s first collaboration with an Asian-based chef as well as the first designed for a specific long-haul route.
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018