Boeing has announced it has selected TRU Simulation + Training, a Textron Inc. company (TRU) as its first 777X full-flight simulator suite supplier for Boeing’s pro forma campuses. Pro forma training is offered to customers as part of the aircraft sale.
777X Flight Simulator
Each simulator suite will include a full-flight simulator and a high-fidelity, flat-panel classroom trainer. TRU will also provide a simulator to assist with Boeing’s engineering development of the 777X. The suites are scheduled to be operational in 2019.
“Our customers depend on high quality training assets and very reliable full-flight simulators to train their pilots,” said Sherry Carbary, vice president, Boeing Flight Services, “We are proud to once again work with TRU to create state-of-the-art training devices.”
This is the second contract awarded to TRU to manufacture simulator suites for Boeing. In 2014, Boeing awarded the company a 737 MAX simulator contract, and Boeing currently has four full flight simulators on order.
“We are delighted with the continued trust Boeing is placing in our company, which clearly identifies TRU as a leading supplier in the flight simulation and training industry,” said George Karam, Vice President and General Manager, Air Transport division, TRU Simulation + Training.
“Boeing customers expect the highest standards of innovation, quality, fidelity and safety in their training programs, and Boeing has chosen TRU to provide exactly that.”
Until the suites are operational, customers can train current pilots in the 777 full-flight simulator and take a short differences training course to transition to the new aircraft type.
Boeing Flight Services provides flight, maintenance and cabin safety training to more than 400 customers through its network of 16 campuses on six continents.
The 777X has 320 orders and commitments from six customers worldwide. The new aircraft will be the largest and most efficient twin-engine jet in the world, with 12 percent lower fuel consumption and 10 percent lower operating costs than the competition. In addition, the 777X will bring cabin innovations and improved levels of passenger comfort.
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Lease Placement of Four Boeing 737-8 MAX Aircraft with Belavia-Belarusian Airlines - 17 , July , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018