Boeing has announced it has selected TRU Simulation + Training, a Textron Inc. company (TRU) as its first 777X full-flight simulator suite supplier for Boeing’s pro forma campuses. Pro forma training is offered to customers as part of the aircraft sale.
777X Flight Simulator
Each simulator suite will include a full-flight simulator and a high-fidelity, flat-panel classroom trainer. TRU will also provide a simulator to assist with Boeing’s engineering development of the 777X. The suites are scheduled to be operational in 2019.
“Our customers depend on high quality training assets and very reliable full-flight simulators to train their pilots,” said Sherry Carbary, vice president, Boeing Flight Services, “We are proud to once again work with TRU to create state-of-the-art training devices.”
This is the second contract awarded to TRU to manufacture simulator suites for Boeing. In 2014, Boeing awarded the company a 737 MAX simulator contract, and Boeing currently has four full flight simulators on order.
“We are delighted with the continued trust Boeing is placing in our company, which clearly identifies TRU as a leading supplier in the flight simulation and training industry,” said George Karam, Vice President and General Manager, Air Transport division, TRU Simulation + Training.
“Boeing customers expect the highest standards of innovation, quality, fidelity and safety in their training programs, and Boeing has chosen TRU to provide exactly that.”
Until the suites are operational, customers can train current pilots in the 777 full-flight simulator and take a short differences training course to transition to the new aircraft type.
Boeing Flight Services provides flight, maintenance and cabin safety training to more than 400 customers through its network of 16 campuses on six continents.
The 777X has 320 orders and commitments from six customers worldwide. The new aircraft will be the largest and most efficient twin-engine jet in the world, with 12 percent lower fuel consumption and 10 percent lower operating costs than the competition. In addition, the 777X will bring cabin innovations and improved levels of passenger comfort.
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018