Boeing is to recycle 117 Apache Helicopters for U.S. Army. The United States’ leading provider of attack helicopters has a contract to remanufacture 117 AH-64D attack helicopters to the new, more capable AH-64E model. The agreement, which also includes the acquisition of Longbow Crew Trainers, logistical support and spares, carries a total contract value of about $1.5 billion.
The U.S. Army has stated it plans to acquire 690 AH-64E helicopters, 290 of which are now under contract with this latest award.
“The AH-64E continues to meet the requirements of aviators, battlefield commanders and soldiers deployed on missions worldwide,” said U.S. Army Apache Project Manager, Col. Jeff Hager.
“The Army, Boeing and Team Apache suppliers continue a valuable collaboration that ensures soldiers have the latest technologies to succeed in defending freedom with this outstanding weapons system.”
The Apache AH-64E Attack Helicopter
“With our integrated production, services and training teams, Boeing is able to affordably support the Army through each phase of the Apache’s lifecycle,” said Kim Smith, vice president, Attack Helicopter Programs, Boeing Vertical Lift.
“The dedication and commitment to first-time quality by Boeing teammates and suppliers combine to deliver an Apache that is ready to meet the rigorous demands of the men and women who depend on it.”
The agreement modifies an existing contact among Boeing and the Army for the full-rate production of lots 5 and 6 Apache helicopters. The Army will return 117 AH-64D Apaches to Boeing’s Mesa, Ariz. production center to be remanufactured into the AH-64E configuration. The Army followed a similar model when the AH-64A Apaches were remanufactured into AH-64Ds.
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018