Finnair and Helsinki Airport operator Finavia have announced the UK representative who will be taking to the tarmac for their unique fashion show concept. London-based Turkish designer Bora Aksu will fly the flag for the UK as Runway 2 of Helsinki Airport is transformed into the ultimate fashion catwalk for the latest Match Made in HEL event on the 24th May.
Six other top designers from China, Korea, Japan, Sweden, Denmark and Finland will present their collections alongside Aksu, showcasing some of the most innovative designs from around the world.
A graduate of the prestigious Central St Martin’s arts college in London, Aksu’s critically-acclaimed debut show at London Fashion Week in 2003 won him the New Generation Award. Even greater success soon followed, with four consecutive New Generation Awards given to Aksu who remains an integral part of the official London Fashion Week schedule.
Aksu collaborates with some of the world’s most recognisable fashion brands, including Nike, Converse and Topshop, while his pioneering designs have graced seven windows at Selfridges department store in London. Hollywood stars Sienna Miller and Keira Knightley are among those who Aksu has dressed for film junkets.
Ahead of the event, Bora Aksu said: “I am very excited to be part of this project and also super excited to be back in Helsinki”.
Match Made in HEL
The designers at the Match Made in HEL event, hailed as European and Asian fashion visionaries, have been hand-picked by Tuomas Laitinen, one of Finland’s most influential fashion trendsetters, with their work representing some of the most interesting and inspiring trends emerging from key fashion hubs. With today’s announcement, Aksu joins Arashi Yanagawa from Japan and Shangguan Zhe of China at the event, with the final four designers to be revealed in the coming weeks.Finnair and Helsinki Airport together offer the smoothest connections between Europe and Asia. Finnair flies to 17 Asian destinations and over 70 European destinations via Helsinki. Helsinki Airport has grown into a major transfer hub for Asia-Europe travel, the airport is designed for smooth and fast transfers. As Finnair expands its Asian traffic, in turn Helsinki Airport will expand to support growing passenger flows. In summer 2016, Finnair will offer 77 weekly flights to Asia from Helsinki Airport.
The Match Made in HEL campaign is a joint campaign by Finnair and Finavia, the operator of Helsinki Airport, and aims to raise awareness of Finnair and Helsinki Airport as the best partners for smooth and fast air connections between Asia and Europe.
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018