Passengers will soon be able to sample Cornish brewed beer on BA flights next month as the airline adds a taste of the South West to its bar menu.
Tribute pale ale, a Cornish premium beer will be served across the British Airways fleet, from their A318 aircraft to their 777, 787, 747 and A380 airliners. Brewed by family-owned St Austell Brewery, the beer will become a regular feature for travellers and be available for passengers flying long-haul, in Club Europe short-haul flights, and in British Airways’ network of global lounges.
Tribute on British Airways
As airlines try to offer their customers something a little different onboard, British Airways has been sourcing premium regional brands from across the length and breadth of the United Kingdom.
Troy Warfield, British Airways’ director of customer experience, said: “St Austell Brewery’s beer is the best of British so we’re delighted to offer it to customers in our lounges and on board our flights.”
“We’re very proud to bring one of Britain’s premium regional beers to a wider audience so they can appreciate this perfectly balanced brew and enjoy a taste of one of the South West’s most popular brews.”
For St Austell Brewery it’s taken 6 months to deliver this popular ale brand to BA. The initial meetings began last summer, contracts were signed in December wtih the first order being placed last month. For the brewery the logistics are similar to dealing with their other large customers, in this case delivering on time to Heathrow for the millions of British Airways passengers flying all over the world.
James Staughton, St Austell Brewery’s managing director, said: “Tribute Cornish Pale Ale has experienced huge success over recent years, but this agreement truly marks it out as the beer of the moment.”
“It is testament to the quality and flavour of our locally produced beer and the strong identity that Cornwall has that Tribute was chosen to be served on board British Airways flights.”
“This is an historic day for St Austell Brewery and we are thrilled that British Airways’ customers will be able to enjoy a true taste of Cornwall while flying all around the world. “
Look out for the specially commissioned 330ml cans of St Austell Brewery’s top tipple on BA flights from the 1st March – and don’t forget to tell us what you think of this popular beer!
@Tributeale takes to the skies!
— St Austell Brewery (@StAustellBrew) February 8, 2016
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018