Two Boeing 747-8 Freighter aircraft have been put to work after being delivered to .AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC), part of Volga-Dnepr Group, and one of the leading international scheduled air cargo carriers.
These cargo aircraft are the first to be delivered as part a memorandum of understanding, signed between Boeing and Volga-Dnepr Group at the Paris Air Show in June 2015. The deal calls for more 747-8 Freighters to continue to help ABC provide some of the best air cargo carrying service in the world. The agreement also adds the Antonov-124-100 aircraft to the long-term logistics support for Boeing and its partners.
747-8 Freighter Aircraft
“For Volga Dnepr Group, adding more new generation 747-8 Freighters will allow to secure further development of the Group’s scheduled business, AirBridgeCargo Airlines, and keep the airline’s high growth rates,” said Denis Ilin, executive president for AirBridgeCargo Airlines.
“This is a celebration of successful partnership with Boeing, which will enable the airline to continue providing its customers with the exceptional air cargo services they are used to.”
“We appreciate ABC’s confidence in our products and look forward to our successful cooperation in the future. We are honored to see that one of the two new 747-8 Freighters delivered, is the 100th 747-8 for Boeing,” said Marty Bentrott, vice president, Middle East,Russia and Central Asia Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
“Our enduring partnership with Volga-Dnepr has shown the value that this iconic airplane brings to the air-cargo industry.”
With this delivery ABC’s fleet now consists of eight 747-8 Freighters, five 747-400 Extended Range Freighters, and two 747-400 Freighters. These additional two air cargo planes will be deployed on the expanding network between Asia and the United States. during the winter.
The 747-8 Freighter provides air cargo operators the lowest operating costs and best economics of any large freighter aircraft while providing enhanced environmental performance. It offers 16 percent more revenue cargo volume than the 747-400, while keeping its iconic nose door.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018