Qatar Airways Cargo operates Boeing B777 and Airbus A330 freighters in its air cargo fleet. The addition of the popular Boeing B747-400BCF heavy cargo aircraft, and its 112.5 tonne capacity, will enable Qatar Airways Cargo to satisfy growing demand for outsized freight transportation from customers investing in significant infrastructure projects in the Middle East and throughout the world.
Qatar Airways Chief Officer Cargo, Ulrich Ogiermann said: “A dedicated charter aircraft will enable Qatar Airways Cargo to satisfy growing demand from our customers for capacity in the ad-hoc charter market. The addition of the B747 freighter will enable further flexibility by supplementing our existing scheduled services as and when required. Qatar Airways Cargo continues to grow: we have achieved our status as the world’s fifth largest cargo carrier by adopting a market-responsive strategy that is strengthened by our global network and expanding fleet. ”
Flexibility in loading is a key feature of the Boeing B747 freighter. With a large side cargo door the aircraft can be loaded quickly and easily, whether the cargo is made up of standard containers and pallets or nonstandard, outsized objects.
The airline will welcome a Boeing B747-400F with a nose-loading door to its fleet in October 2015, replacing the existing Boeing B747BCF to provide even more flexibility to satisfy customers’ oversized cargo transportation demands. Qatar Airways Cargo confirmed an order for an additional four Boeing B777Fs at the Paris Air Show in June, increasing its outstanding fleet order to eight Boeing B777F aircraft and two Airbus A330F freighters.
The carrier’s QR Charter service offers quality, reliable and cost effective global charter solutions to any part of the world, including full, split and combination charter services. The carrier’s dedicated Charter team delivers a high level of customer service and communication with proven experience across an increasing portfolio of charter services satisfying customer requirements.
One of the largest palletised cargo aircraft available in the market, the Boeing B747F will provide belly freight capacity and main cargo deck capacity with 39 ULD positions. The pressurised cargo cabin means that the aircraft is suitable to transport freight of all kinds and can provide a temperature control range from 4° to 30° degrees Celsius. Livestock and horses, perishables, heavy machinery, oversized equipment, oil and gas equipment and humanitarian and relief aid can all be transported worldwide on this aircraft, which is suitable for long haul cargo flights of up to 10 hours.
The cargo airline operates from Hamad International Airport, Doha, where its cargo terminal is one of the largest in the world. Operating an advanced air cargo handling system, the cargo complex has a capacity to process 1.4 million tonnes of cargo per year and can accommodate 11 wide-body freighters with 42 airside loading docks to facilitate the swift and efficient transfer of cargo in to and out of Qatar.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018