Turkish Airlines has signed a firm order to purchase four A330-200F freighter aircraft from Airbus. Operated by Turkish Cargo, a brand of Turkish Airlines, the additional aircraft will help to further boost the company’s expansion in the air cargo market.
Turkish Airlines already operates five A330-200F, and the additional order will enable them to quickly meet the growing cargo market demand.
“The A330-200F freighter aircraft have demonstrated outstanding operational reliability and performance for our cargo transport operations. It is with this in mind that we chose to expand our freighter fleet with more A330-200F,” said Dr Temel Kotil, CEO of Turkish Airlines.
“A prestigious customer like Turkish Airlines ordering the A330-200F for the third time shows a real vote of confidence in this aircraft to help further develop their cargo business,“ said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers.
The A330-200F is capable of carrying a payload of 65 to 70 tonnes, with a range of up to 4,000 nautical miles. With unit costs similar to larger freighters, it is the ideal aircraft for opening new routes and developing networks with minimum risk. The technologically advanced design and continuous improvements since the programme launch make this A330 Freighter today’s most modern and efficient mid-size freighter.
“The A330 Family is the most versatile family of aircraft on the market and the A330-200F is no exception, being the most flexible, reliable and cost-efficient freighter”
Without the A330 Freighter order Turkish Airlines already operate a large Airbus fleet with a total of 139 Airbus aircraft in service. These include 91 single aisle aircraft, two A310 freighters, 17 A330-200, 18 A330-300, five A330-200F and six A340 aircraft.
Airbus aircraft, including the A330 Freighter, share a unique cockpit and operational commonality, allowing airlines to use the same pool of pilots, cabin crews and maintenance engineers, bringing operational flexibility and resulting in significant cost savings.
- Virgin Australia broadens role of A330 fleet (atwonline.com)
- Hong Kong Airlines flight forced to make emergency landing after bomb threat (dailymail.co.uk)
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018