Silk Way Airlines has collected two new 747-8 Freighters from Boeing. The first aircraft was delivered a fortnight ago and the second freighter was delivered at the end of last week.
Both of these new 747-8 Freighters will be used to bring new levels of efficiency to the Baku, Azerbaijan-based cargo carrier.
“We strive to be a successful and profitable cargo operator by investing in our fleet and our services, and by continuing to increase our regional and international footprint,” said Zaur Akhundov, president, SW Holding, parent company of Silk Way Airlines.
“The delivery of our new 747-8 Freighters is a sound step forward in that direction.”
Silk Way Airlines collect 747-8 Freighter
Silk Way Airlines is considered as one of the leading cargo carriers in the region, providing services to Europe and the Middle East, as well as the Far East including South Korea, China and Hong Kong. In addition, the carrier also serves international destinations through a network of alliances, operating 747-400 Freighters and 767-300 Freighters.
“We are very proud of our continued partnership with Silk Way Airlines and today we have double the reasons to celebrate,” said Marty Bentrott, vice president of Sales, Middle East, Russia, and Central Asia, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
“The 747-8 Freighter is the most efficient large freighter in service and the two new airplanes will now serve some of the world’s high-growth markets.”
The new 747-8 Freighter provides cargo operators improved operating costs and enhanced environmental performance. The aircraft is optimised to provide greater revenue cargo-carrying capability than the 747-400, offering 16 percent more cargo volume while keeping its iconic nose door.
With more than 340,000 hours in service, the 747-8 Freighters are achieving performance milestones with customers. To date, Boeing has delivered 49 747-8 Freighters.
- Woodward Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results - 23 , April , 2018
- Points Partners With Drop Tank To Power Marathon’s New Rewards Program - 23 , April , 2018
- Apprio Ranked Among Largest Minority-Owned Companies by Washington Business Journal - 16 , April , 2018
- WheelTug Sign Another Slot Agreement - 16 , April , 2018
- More Caribbean, More Go! Spirit Airlines Celebrates New Service to Cap-Haïtien - 12 , April , 2018
- It’s Go Season! Spirit Airlines Gives Away Free Flights to Celebrate More than a Dozen New Routes for Sizzling Summer Travel - 12 , April , 2018
- Silexica Appoints New Vice President Worldwide Sales - 3 , April , 2018
- 维思达公务机在亚洲推出一系列新活动，再攀新高峰 - 29 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Soars to New Heights With Asia-Wide Initiatives - 29 , March , 2018
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018