Silk Way Airlines has collected two new 747-8 Freighters from Boeing. The first aircraft was delivered a fortnight ago and the second freighter was delivered at the end of last week.
Both of these new 747-8 Freighters will be used to bring new levels of efficiency to the Baku, Azerbaijan-based cargo carrier.
“We strive to be a successful and profitable cargo operator by investing in our fleet and our services, and by continuing to increase our regional and international footprint,” said Zaur Akhundov, president, SW Holding, parent company of Silk Way Airlines.
“The delivery of our new 747-8 Freighters is a sound step forward in that direction.”
Silk Way Airlines collect 747-8 Freighter
Silk Way Airlines is considered as one of the leading cargo carriers in the region, providing services to Europe and the Middle East, as well as the Far East including South Korea, China and Hong Kong. In addition, the carrier also serves international destinations through a network of alliances, operating 747-400 Freighters and 767-300 Freighters.
“We are very proud of our continued partnership with Silk Way Airlines and today we have double the reasons to celebrate,” said Marty Bentrott, vice president of Sales, Middle East, Russia, and Central Asia, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
“The 747-8 Freighter is the most efficient large freighter in service and the two new airplanes will now serve some of the world’s high-growth markets.”
The new 747-8 Freighter provides cargo operators improved operating costs and enhanced environmental performance. The aircraft is optimised to provide greater revenue cargo-carrying capability than the 747-400, offering 16 percent more cargo volume while keeping its iconic nose door.
With more than 340,000 hours in service, the 747-8 Freighters are achieving performance milestones with customers. To date, Boeing has delivered 49 747-8 Freighters.
- EMCORE Introduces EN-150 Precision Fiber Optic Gyro-Based Inertial Measurement/Navigation Unit at Farnborough Airshow - 16 , July , 2018
- Va. Gov. Ralph Northam, Del. Kathleen Murphy, Raytheon’s Dave Wajsgras and UVA’s National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition Champions Discuss a Vision to Closing the Cyber Talent Gap - 12 , July , 2018
- 비스타젯, 2018년 상반기 회원 수 32% 증가에 힘입어 높은 취항 건수 기록 - 12 , July , 2018
- ビスタジェット、2018年上半期にメンバー数が32%伸び、フライト回数の記録を刷新 - 12 , July , 2018
- Woodward Schedules Fiscal 2018 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - 11 , July , 2018
- Growing and Growing… More Caribbean Routes Added to Spirit’s Growing International Network - 11 , July , 2018
- VistaJet Operates Record Number of Flights as Members Increase by 32% in First Half of 2018 - 11 , July , 2018
- Air Unlimited Expands Giving Consumers New Travel Options and World-Class Experiences - 10 , July , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Activity Update for the Second Quarter of 2018 - 10 , July , 2018
- Airbus Selects Cority™ to Streamline Global EHS Operations - 9 , July , 2018