Cessna has this week celebrated the rollout of the first production unit of the new Citation CJ3+ business jet. The aircraft was assembled at the company’s manufacturing facility in Wichita, Kansas. The new aircraft was first announced on the 20th March , earlier this year.
“Today’s rollout occurred just two months after the announcement of the new CJ3+, showing our strength in investment and certification of new products,” said Chris Hearne, vice president, Jets.
First production Citation CJ3+ business jet
“We are eager to get the CJ3+ into the hands of customers later this year where they will benefit from the upgraded Garmin G3000 flight deck and incorporation of the latest Citation cabin features.”
This new business aircraft includes all-new interiors with a redesigned cabin and cockpit, new pressurization and new diagnostics systems. The CJ3+ features the Garmin G3000 avionics suite, which includes turbulence detecting weather radar, TCAS II, advanced Terrain Awareness Warning Systems (TAWS), and the installation of automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities.
The addition of ADS-B capability makes the CJ3+ business jet compliant with a significant aspect of announced Next Generation (NexGen) air traffic control requirements. This aircraft model also features a wireless media server, Garmin integrated cockpit and cabin Iridium phone, and high speed internet capabilities.
With its range of up to 2,070 nautical miles, the CJ3+ can fly passengers nonstop from Washington, D.C., to Mexico City; from San Diego, California, to Juneau, Alaska; or from Lima, Peru, to São Paulo, Brazil. The CJ3+ is expected to receive single-pilot certification and has maximum seating capacity for nine passengers.
Cessna expect to receive Federal Aviation Administration certification during the second half of the year.
- Iridium Certus(SM) Mission-Critical Broadband Readies for Department of Defense Users with COMSAT - 19 , February , 2018
- Iridium to Participate at March Conferences - 16 , February , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Airbus A320-200neo with Atlantic Airways - 12 , February , 2018
- VistaJet Presents Exceptional Travel Experiences for The Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller - 8 , February , 2018
- SunExpress Reserves 66 WheelTug Systems - 7 , February , 2018
- First Bahama Beach Skydiving Event, West End, Grand Bahama, February 2-12, 2018 - 6 , February , 2018
- EMCORE Introduces New EMCORE-Hawkeye™ Series of Precision Single-Axis Fiber Optic Gyroscope Modules - 6 , February , 2018
- Quantum Computer Market to Reach US$1.9 billion by 2023, says new CIR Report - 5 , February , 2018
- Advanced Defense Technologies, Inc. Announces Name Change to Star Jets International, Inc., Trading Symbol Change to JETR, and Reverse Stock Split - 5 , February , 2018
- Woodward Announces Relocation of Duarte, CA Operations to Fort Collins, CO - 2 , February , 2018