Cessna has this week celebrated the rollout of the first production unit of the new Citation CJ3+ business jet. The aircraft was assembled at the company’s manufacturing facility in Wichita, Kansas. The new aircraft was first announced on the 20th March , earlier this year.
“Today’s rollout occurred just two months after the announcement of the new CJ3+, showing our strength in investment and certification of new products,” said Chris Hearne, vice president, Jets.
First production Citation CJ3+ business jet
“We are eager to get the CJ3+ into the hands of customers later this year where they will benefit from the upgraded Garmin G3000 flight deck and incorporation of the latest Citation cabin features.”
This new business aircraft includes all-new interiors with a redesigned cabin and cockpit, new pressurization and new diagnostics systems. The CJ3+ features the Garmin G3000 avionics suite, which includes turbulence detecting weather radar, TCAS II, advanced Terrain Awareness Warning Systems (TAWS), and the installation of automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities.
The addition of ADS-B capability makes the CJ3+ business jet compliant with a significant aspect of announced Next Generation (NexGen) air traffic control requirements. This aircraft model also features a wireless media server, Garmin integrated cockpit and cabin Iridium phone, and high speed internet capabilities.
With its range of up to 2,070 nautical miles, the CJ3+ can fly passengers nonstop from Washington, D.C., to Mexico City; from San Diego, California, to Juneau, Alaska; or from Lima, Peru, to São Paulo, Brazil. The CJ3+ is expected to receive single-pilot certification and has maximum seating capacity for nine passengers.
Cessna expect to receive Federal Aviation Administration certification during the second half of the year.
- KrisFlyer Partners With Points to Expand Redemption Options for Frequent Flyer Programme - 22 , May , 2018
- THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS AS CIVIC SPACES - 21 , May , 2018
- San Diego International Airport and Swinerton open Terminal 2 Parking Plaza - 21 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces Delivery of Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft with Travel Service - 17 , May , 2018
- Aviation and Aerospace Consulting Veterans Celebrate Successful Launch of Alton Aviation Consultancy - 15 , May , 2018
- Spirit Airlines to Become First Ultra-Low Cost Carrier in the Americas to Offer Wi-Fi - 11 , May , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation Announces First Quarter 2018 Results - 10 , May , 2018
- PrecisionHawk Joins its Home State of North Carolina as 1 of 10 Chosen for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program - 10 , May , 2018
- Silver Air’s Boeing Business Jet Ready for Charter - 8 , May , 2018
- BAHAMAS TO HOST 2018 CARIBBEAN AVIATION MEETUP - 3 , May , 2018