The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel is celebrating Chinese New Year in style for 2014. We were lucky enough to visit the hotel last November with Thai Airways and it certainly a great location if you are visiting Bangkok.
You can eat outside, right alongside the river, the rooms offer fantastic views across the city, there is a great outdoor swimming pool, a spa and a helipad!
At the Peninsula you can see the spectacular lion dance while loud drumbeats and strong cymbal crash to scare away evil spirits. Following tradition, children wish their parents and older relatives a good year ahead on the first morning of the Chinese New Year and receive “lai see”, or lucky money, in red envelopes. The Peninsula Bangkok continues the tradition and gives guests red envelopes containing chocolate coin, a symbol of good luck, during the Chinese New Year.
A truly exhilarating Chinese New Year getaway experience awaits at The Peninsula Bangkok with a “Race to the Starting Line in Style” package that combines opulent accommodation and exquisite indulgences with a red-carpet-all-the-way day at the Bangkok races.
The Peninsula Bangkok Deluxe Room
Priced at THB 23,888++, this special offer is for up to two adults and one child. It starts with three nights’ accommodation in a lavishly appointed Grand Deluxe Room with a spectacular River of Kings view and including a grand buffet breakfast for all at the River Cafe & Terrace. Guests can fully avail themselves of the award-winning hotel’s luxury facilities, from its state-of-the-art gym to its three-tiered swimming pool overlooking the river.
Three-tiered swimming pool
But the highlight of the celebration will be the must-see Chinese New Year Horse Racing Meet at the magnificent Royal Bangkok Sports Club (RBSC) racetrack in downtown Bangkok on Sunday, 2nd February 2014. Guests will be escorted to the exclusive air-conditioned RBSC members’ grandstand and seated in a prime window-side position where access is restricted to a maximum of 10 people. Here they will be able to watch the build-up to the day’s race programme featuring the kingdom’s finest horses and riders before placing their bets.
To allow you to keep a closer eye on the pageant and moment-by-moment coverage of the races, a programme booklet and binoculars are provided too!
The Royal Bangkok Sports Club was founded under royal charter of His Majesty King Rama V (Chulalongkorn) in 1901 and has been staging regular race meetings without interruption since 1903. As a special New Year gift from The Peninsula Bangkok, “Race to the Starting Line in Style” also includes delectable dining privileges with Lunch Set Menu and free-flow house beer and soft drinks at The Royal Bangkok Sports Club.
To get the party started, keepsake-quality Chinese New Year welcome amenities are also provided. And to help ease guests into the Year of the Horse* in tip top condition inside and out, a THB 800 Spa Certificate for The Peninsula Bangkok’s award-winning spa is also part of the package, one per person.
The Hotel River Front
To take advantage of this offer, guests are requested to make their reservation before 28th January 2014, while the stay period can be from 31 January to 3 February 2014.
- CPI Aerostructures Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results - 22 , March , 2018
- VistaJet Connects Customers and Their Passions With the Global British Polo Day Tour - 21 , March , 2018
- VirTra Awarded $4.6 Million Training Simulators Contract by U.S. Department of State for International Partner - 20 , March , 2018
- Willis Lease Finance Corporation Reports 50% Growth in Annual Pre-Tax Profit to $36.0 Million - 13 , March , 2018
- U.S. Defense Electronics Market Projected to Grow, Driven by World Events and Politics - 12 , March , 2018
- Air Lease Corporation to Present at J.P. Morgan Aviation, Transportation and Industrials Conference - 9 , March , 2018
- Points Named As One of Canada’s Top Workplaces for Women Four Years In A Row - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire Global and Airbus Partner to Deliver Global Aircraft Surveillance Data - 8 , March , 2018
- AEROMEXICO RENEWS ITS PRODUCT OFFER - 8 , March , 2018
- Spire’s First ADS-B Plane Tracking Satellites to Enter Service by the End of Q2 - 7 , March , 2018